Women’s Refuge Centre: 0808 2000 247 (24 hour help line). You can call this number on behalf of yourself or someone else.
An Occupation Order (https://www.gov.uk/injunction-domestic-violence/eligibility-occupation) can be put in place to remove an abusive person from the home.
A non-molestation order (https://www.gov.uk/injunction-domestic-violence/eligibility-non-molestation) can also be taken out if you want protection from someone. The National Centre for Domestic Violence (http://www.ncdv.org.uk/ 0800 970 2070) has on-line forms for both of these.
Local police stations will have a domestic violence unit you can contact.
The Freedom Programme (freedomprogramme.co.uk) can provide other information and support on domestic violence.
- None of this is your fault
- You can’t ‘get it right’ in an abusive relationship
- Keep yourself as safe as possible.
- Contact a neighbour who could call the police on your behalf.
- Take evidence, for example a recording on your cell phone.